Providing individual mortgage advice and services; unique to you
A shared equity mortgage is an arrangement under which a lender and a borrower share ownership of a property. This means that you, the buyer, are provided with a loan to form part of a deposit for the property you want to buy. Then as normal, you would take a shared equity mortgage out for the rest of the properties value. Shared Equity Mortgages allow you to get on the property ladder faster.
Help to Buy Equity Loan
- Available on new build homes up to £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.
- The Government will lend you up to 20% of the property value through an equity loan which can be repaid at any time during the loan term or on the sale of your home.
- In England and Wales, you won’t be charged any loan fees for the first 5 years of owning your home.
- You’ll only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society making that first step a little easier.
- There is a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme so you can find something to suit your budget.
You may also look to remortgage whilst sharing equity on a property. This can be possible, however, there are a few limitations and they need to be considered first. The process to remortgage with shared ownership is similar to taking out an initial mortgage but the number of lenders available to you may vary. For more information on shared equity remortgage, we encourage you to get in touch with us.
For more information to check if you are eligible and how the scheme could benefit you please visit https://www.helptobuy.gov.uk/